Finally recognizing this, hospitals are begining to adopt Hospital Checklists. It’s a concept airline pilots have used for years. The hospital staff needs to sign off that each step on the list has been accomplished.
However, clearly hospital staff isn’t yet able to protect patients. Patients, family and friends need to be proactive. Patients need their own checklist to be protected. If there is a health care issue for a loved one or yourself, you are your own pilot.
Use this Checklist to monitor what you can do. As a woman after 50 or 60 you can protect yourself, and help others.
Personal Health Issue Checklist
1. Assume an Attitude of Active Involvement
2. Take Notes
3. Bring a Friend – Or Be One at An Appointment
4. Have a Friend, Family Member or Private Nurse Stay Overnight in the Hospital
5. Bring Written Information With You and Be Sure Its Seen
6. Read the Prescription
7. Monitor Hand Washing
8. Discuss Medications with the Pharmacist or Nurse
9. For Surgery, Choose a Hospital With Frequent Successful Experience With That Specific Surgery
10. For Operations, Be Sure the Correct Side of the Body is Physically Marked on Your Body
Share This Article!
Sign me up for Free Updates and giveaways from ZestNow.com