You may have heard about holiday blues and stress. However, anxiety, depression, and suicide rates do NOT rise during the holidays. The CDC, Mayo Clinic, and other research institutions have found no link between holidays and increased depression and suicide.
Nevertheless, holidays do knock some of us off balance. Between family gatherings, pressure to spend money, kids coming back from college, work disruption, and other holiday-related events, we may forget that holidays are supposed to be about comfort and joy.
Here are 8 ways to embrace the true meaning of the season and focus on increasing joy, love and peace.
1. Look for the good all around you.
2. Get relief with a “now break.”
3. Release those pent-up emotions.
4. Accept what is.
5. Enjoy your holiday to-dos.
6. Don’t give energy to stressful thoughts.
7. Ask for help, and offer support to others.
8. Be irrepressibly positive around downers or annoying folks.
Share This Article!
Sign me up for Free Updates and giveaways from ZestNow.com