Daily activities and concerns, as well as larger difficulties, can cause stress to build to uncomfortable levels. You can learn to sooth your mind and body with these tools. Use them regularly so they become a habit.
1. WRITE IT: If you have persistent worrying thoughts, write them down in a journal. This will help you put those thoughts aside.
2. RELAX IT: Focus on the simple stuff. Buy slowing down and concentrating on basic things, you’ll clear your mind of everything that worries you. Lie down in a quiet place, close your eyes, and breathe in deeply and exhale slowly. Next tense a muscle group, such as your thigh muscles, for about 10 seconds and then relax hem. It is best to start with your lower extremities and work your way up. Repeat this with other muscle groups: shoulders, feet, legs stomach and up to your head.
3. QUIET IT: Meditation is a focusing of the mind, and for many it brings peace, serenity and stress relief. Two of the most popular forms of meditation are mindfulness meditation and transcendental meditation.
4. CHILL IT: Take time to rest and relax. Be sure tp rest after a stressful day at work and on the weekend. Try to tune out and unplug everything! DON’T answer emails or texts all day if possible. Hobbies and sports are a great way to relax but unplugging yourself is the best way to instantly create peace and a stress-free environment.
5. MOVE IT: Exercise is an excellent way to reduce stress. Yoga is another way to help your mind-body combo calm down.
6. USE IT: Lavender, jasmine, frankincense, myrrh, chamomile and orange essential oils are successfully used for relaxation. Also drink herbal tea. That will calm your nerves!
by: Andrea Warshaw Wernick
Share This Article!
Sign me up for Free Updates and giveaways from ZestNow.com