The party season is officially here, which means we are going to be in tempting situations that make us want to overindulge. In fact, for most of us, that means excessive amounts of eating and drinking. It’s important that we are aware of our real hunger pains. It’s difficult to keep our self-control and healthy choices in check. However, it is still possible to partake in this eating season without putting on unwanted pounds.
Here are 5 solid tips to help you enjoy the party without falling into “party.”
- Always eat before you go to a party. That way, you won’t be hungry and grab all that fried food at the festivities.
- Drink a glass of water or club soda after every alcoholic beverage intake. This way, you won’t get tipsy or eat every hors d’oeuvre you see on those festive trays. Alcohol tends to make people eat more than they ordinarily might and make wrong choices. It also has many calories. So, choose your drink wisely.
- Consider the food that’s being served, and choose the lowest calorie food available; remember to stay in check with your portion control.
- Sit on the other side of room – far away from the holiday buffet. This way you can concentrate and enjoy what you are eating, without thinking about what you’re going to put on your plate next. Also, remember to eat slowly. Take smaller bites and savor what’s on your plate. Your stomach will get full within 20 minutes and will signal your brain that you are satiated.
- Socialize at the party by mingling with the guests. Chat instead of chew. The food should always be secondary to enjoying your friends and family!
The holiday season is the ultimate test of willpower and if you succeed in keeping the extra calories and pounds at bay, you will come away with a great feeling of accomplishment! And, of course, you will still fit into your favorite jeans after New Year’s Eve!
by: Andrea Warshaw Wernick
Share This Article!
Sign me up for Free Updates and giveaways from ZestNow.com