Meeting people, dating and romance is a challenge, especially for women over 50. Is technology the answer?
- It works! Many, many happy couples over 60 have met this way. Baby boomers, seniors, mature men and women – they are all there.
- You’ll be surprised at how many people are available to meet in this way. Baby boomers, seniors, mature men and women – they are all there.
- All income and educational levels participate.
- It doesn’t have to be a great romance – friendship and companionship are wonderful additions to life.
- It’s the very best medicine for getting over a previous relationship.
- A really good photograph is invaluable – best lighting, hair styling, and flattering clothing. Probably not the squinty snapshot in the back yard. A professional photographer and a make-up artist can be very worthwhile for women. But beware of overdoing Photo Shop improvements. You want to avoid surprises when you meet. Most women agree — guys put up some strange photos. (Is that woman with you your daughter or your girlfriend?) Best to diplomatically ask if you’re wondering.
- Try not to use a photo more than 3 years old. Again, avoid big surprises when you meet.
- Almost everybody lies a little about their weight or their age or both – 3-5 years and 5-15 pounds. More than that can be a problem.
- Best to come clean on age on the first or second date – if you think the relationship could continue. The weight they can figure out on their own.
- The Usual Routine – On an internet dating site, the first contact is usually a short note or a wink to see if there is interest. If there is, then it often goes like this A) Several e-mails. B) One or two discussions by phone C) Meet for coffee or a drink. D) Finally a real date .
- Keep security in mind. Meet at a public place the first couple of dates, until you feel comfortable.
- You can fairly easily withdraw from contact at any point.
- Be kind. No need for bluntness or criticism. In the early stages, you can just disappear or you can email that you’re going to be really busy or traveling.
- Over 60, many people feel comfortable if the guy pays at least the first few dates, unless the woman invites him somewhere or just prefers to go dutch.
- Now that you’re dating, settle together on the story you want to tell when asked “how did you meet?” Some people are proud of it and and some like the “through mutual friends” story. Whatever works for the two of you.
What are your experiences? What sites work best? Share your comments below.
You may also enjoy:
Share This Article!
Sign me up for Free Updates and giveaways from ZestNow.com