Do white outfits work for you? They look great on many women, but sometimes they need some modification.
1. If you have a tan or naturally dark skin, they’re beautiful. Warm skin tones look great with white but pale skin works well in the right shade.. (There are actually subtle differences in various shades of white.) Notice whether you look washed out. If so, wear some color closer to your face.
2. The stylish way to wear white this summer is head-to-toe. It can be really flattering if the proportions and the fit are just right. White jeans with a v-neck T-shirt or crisp button-down tailored shirt are great looks.
3. A crisp white pencil skirt with a classic white top can be fabulous. Be sure everything is slim but not tight. White can be unforgiving. White jeans are a new fashion staple, even in cooler weather. Be aware that cropped jeans can make your legs look shorter. Pass on white skinny jeans unless your quite slim.
4. An all-white look can look fresh and fashionable accessorized with one of summer’s uber-bright colors such as coral, turquoise or royal blue. A handbag, sandal or scarf in one of these shades can make white pop. A bright print top paired with white pants and blazer is beautiful. And don’t forget stripes with white, especially navy, black or white stripes.
5. The biggest mistake women make with white is what they wear underneath it. When wearing white, it’s critical to wear lingerie that is as close as possible to the color of your skin. Don’t wear white undies because every line will show. Don’t wear colored undies unless you are really trying to really make a statement.
6. When shopping for white clothes, opt for natural fibers, especially linen or cotton, which are beautiful in white. White polyester can look look too synthetic.
7. Beware of cling when wearing white. White can look too tight or show bra or panty lines. Dresses that flow gently past the curves look best. Some flowing and billowing sundresses or flirty tops can be lovely in white as well, especially when paired with a narrow silhouette such as a skinny jean or leggings.
8. Avoid white for photos or TV. While it may look lovely in person, it can, sadly, add pounds when worn on TV or captured in photos.
9. When buying something white, especially a dress or pants, it’s important to make sure it’s opaque or solid and not too see-through. Try holding the dress up so the light shines through it.
10. Invest in quality white pieces that you will want to keep. You can feel good about spending a bit more because quality white pieces hang nicely and clean well. You can wear them year after year.
Fashion Fix is Christie’s site.
These are good examples of these styles. They can serve as style references although the specific items may no longer be available because fashion inventories change quickly.
Share This Article!
Sign me up for Free Updates and giveaways from ZestNow.com